Essential Oil of the Month
(Mentha piperita) is one of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion. Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint’s effect on the liver and respiratory systems. Other scientists have also researched peppermint’s role in affecting impaired taste and smell when inhaled. Dr. William N. Dember of the University of Cincinnati studied peppermint’s ability to improve concentration and mental accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied peppermint’s ability to directly affect the brain’s satiety center, which triggers a sense of fullness after meals.
1. Rub 4-6 drops in your palm and rub over stomach and around the navel to relieve indigestion, flatulence and diarrhea.
2. Add Peppermint to herbal tea to aid in digestion and relieve heartburn.
3. Massage several drops of oil on an injury to reduce inflammation.
4. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to an injured area to relieve pain. If there is a cut, apply the Peppermint oil around (not on) the open wound.
5. Apply Peppermint oil topically on unbroken skin to stop itching.
6. Inhale before & during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue.
7. Massage several drops on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
8. To relieve a tension or some migraine headache, rub on the temples, forehead, and on the back of the neck.
9. To stop hiccups, apply a drop on each side of the fifth cervical vertebra (up three notches from the base of the neck).
10. Place two drops on the tongue and rub another drop under the nose to improve alertness and concentration.
11. Diffuse in the room while studying to improve concentration and accuracy
12. Rub 4 drops on chest and stomach to relieve travel sickness.
13. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue and inhale into the nose and sinuses to relieve congestion from a cold.
14. Add Peppermint oil to food as a flavoring and a preservative.
15. To deter rats, mice, ants or cockroaches, place two drops on a cotton ball and place along the path or point of entry.
16. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint into five (5) gallons of paint to dispel the fumes.
17. Place a couple of drops in a cup of hot water and enjoy in place of coffee.
18. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops to 4 ounces of water and spray the plants.
19. Put one drop in glass of cold water to cool off on a hot day.
20. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
21. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on the tongue to stop bad breath; will freshen breath – use instead of gum.
22. Inhale the fragrance to curb appetite and lessen the impulse to overeat.
23. Remove ticks by applying a drop of Peppermint oil on a cotton swab. Wait for it to dislodge its head, and then remove from your pet.
24. Mix 6 drops of Peppermint oil in a footbath to relieve sore feet.
25. Apply drop over toothache area – will relieve pain.
Thanks lol for these great tips! You’re a doll 😉